We’re finishing up our vegan series today with a round-up of cruelty-free shoe brands. While vegan brands are known for animal-friendly products, most of the companies I found seek to be kind to their workers and the environment as well.
From top left:
1. Heeled Bootie from Will’s Vegan Shoes: This stunning shoe is designed in the UK and manufactured in Portugal. Company staff visit the factory each year to verify working conditions and quality. $99.
2. Everly Shoe from Vegetarian Shoes: Seeking to make shoes that are animal-friendly AND people-friendly, Vegetarian Shoes uses factories across the European Union that comply with EU labor standards. These faux-suede brogues are a lovely retro twist on booties. $81.
3. Chelsea Boot from Will’s Vegan Shoes: A classic Chelsea boot. Will’s Vegan Shoes is PETA-certified vegan, meaning the company has signed PETA’s statement of assurance that their designs are completely free of animal products. $99.
4. Strappy Sandal from Bhava Studio: Crafted in Spain from cork and Italian faux-leather, these sandals pass Bhava’s “NYC test-drive” for all-day comfort. $229.
5. Sandals from Nae: Made of eco-friendly microfiber, these sandals are made in Portuguese factories that follow EU labor standards. Nae seeks to create footwear using sustainable materials that are good for people, animals, and the planet. $58.
6. Peep-Toe Heel from Olsenhaus: Olsenhaus founder Elizabeth Olsen seeks to create shoes that are sweatshop-free and cruelty-free, personally inspecting the company’s factories in Mexico and India. $125.
7. Pink Poppy Heels from Beyond Skin: Featuring a faux-leather upper and recycled polyurethane lining, these retro beauties are good for the office and the dance floor. $95.
8. Pewter Monks from Beyond Skin: These gorgeous loafers are handmade with 100% recycled faux leather lining at a factory in Spain. $110.
9. Mary Janes from Will’s Vegan Shoes: A classic silhouette and slip-resistant rubber soles make these shoes your daily go-to. $92.
10. Aviator Boots from Will’s Vegan Shoes: Yep, I’m pretty crazy about Will’s Vegan Shoes after discovering them on a whim. This lace-up style is water-resistant and features extra-long laces for a wrap-around effect. $122.
11. Riding Boots from Will’s Vegan Shoes: These classic knee-height boots feature Italian faux-leather plus a zipper and an adjustable buckle for a perfect, slim fit. $132.
12. Lace-Up Boots from Will’s Vegan Shoes: Soft faux suede and a hand-stitched insole add a luxe feel to these trendy lace-up boots. $132.
Know of any great brands I left out? Still looking for something that fits your wardrobe? I’d love to hear about it!